Sewing and pattern-making school
You would like to learn how to sew and don’t know where to start? Or maybe you are already sewing and would like to improve your skills? You like fashion or are a crafty person and would like to start making your own clothing? Or maybe you are a fashion student and would like to improve the part in which you actually make the garments?
Made-to-measure sewing and pattern-drafting courses
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this is the solution for you.
Learn the basics of sewing, develop a creative sewing project or learn how to professionally sew and cut.
Whatever your level or aspiration, I will guide you through the process of learning how to sew well: all my knowledge learnt along 15 years of professional development, put at your service. From creating a solid base, to perfecting your techniques, to exploring new paths, you will learn while having lots of fun.
This is all the information I would have loved having access to when I started cutting and sewing 15 years ago. It will allow you and empower you to master the processes, tips and tricks of the trade, and it will save you a lot of time and suffering in mistakes and trial-and-error. It is the right guidance, that will make difficult things easy.
What you will find here:
- On-site courses held at the Aguyé Studio in sunny Arenys de Munt, teached by Maria.
- Small groups to guarantee full access to Maria and the maximum learning profit.
- We offer sewing courses (all levels) and pattern-drafting courses (all levels).
- … and we spice them with techniques and tools from The Art of changing at will, the changes management method created by Gloria Méndez, to help you overcome your fears and blocks (we all have one or another, don’t we?) and really enjoy sewing. Because sometimes, what’s preventing you from sewing it’s not the lack of knowledge, but something else, uh? This training will ‘soak’ the other one, making your learning to flow easily.
- Just as our garments, they are also made to your measurements: let us know about your goals and we’ll create the group to make them possible.
At this moment, all of our regular (continuous) courses are being held in Catalan or Spanish (please check the Catalan version of this website to see their current schedule and more info), but I would love to open some more class groups in English.
If you are interested in learning sewing (whether dressmaking or tailoring) or pattern-making in a regular course, please write me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at +34 656 63 56 73 and let me know your ideas.
Detailed workshops focused on a garment or technique. Limited to a maximum of six attendees, don’t miss out!
The 50s bustier top workshop
Learn to make tops with a style, aesthetics, cut and construction true to the 50s like a pro! You can choose whether you would like to learn just to make them, or to cut them as well. It is an intense workshop held at our studio-school in sunny Arenys de Munt, on an inspiring gathering with other like-minded sewists, and learning the whole process in maximum detail with Maria.
If you’d like to be the first to know when our other courses open for enrollment (online, capsule or retreat), please follow us on Instagram @aguye.sewingschool and/or leave us your name and email address: