Sewing and pattern-making school
You would like to learn how to sew and don’t know where to start? Or maybe you are already sewing and would like to improve your skills? You like fashion or are a crafty person and would like to start making your own clothing? Or maybe you are a fashion student and would like to improve the part in which you actually make the garments?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this is the solution for you.
Learn the basics of sewing, develop a creative sewing project or learn how to professionally sew and cut.
Whatever your level or aspiration, I will guide you through the process of learning how to sew well: all my knowledge learnt along 15 years of professional development, put at your service. From creating a solid base, to perfecting your techniques, to exploring new paths, you will learn while having lots of fun.
This is all the information I would have loved having access to when I started cutting and sewing 15 years ago. It will allow you and empower you to master the processes, tips and tricks of the trade, and it will save you a lot of time and suffering in mistakes and trial-and-error. It is the right guidance, that will make difficult things easy.
What you will find here:
- On-site courses held at the Aguyé Studio in sunny Arenys de Munt, teached by Maria, and online courses that you can take from your home.
- Small groups to guarantee full access to Maria and the maximum learning profit.
- We offer sewing courses (all levels) and pattern-drafting courses (all levels).
- … and we spice them with techniques and tools from The Art of changing at will, the changes management method created by Gloria Méndez, to help you unblock the fears and mental habits that make you less effective (we all have one or another, don’t we?) and really enjoy sewing. This training will ‘soak’ the other one, making your learning to flow easily.
- Just as our garments, they are also made to your measurements: there is a group for each learning goal. If you don’t find the course you are looking for or a timing that suits you, get in touch and I will do my best to create it for you.
Online courses on Streaming:
You can take them from the convenience of your own home.
Onsite courses – One-time workshops:
Detailed workshops focused on a garment or technique. Limited to a maximum of six attendees, don’t miss out!
The 50s bustier top workshop
Learn to make tops with a style, aesthetics, cut and construction true to the 50s like a pro! You can choose whether you would like to learn just to make them, or to cut them as well. It is an intense workshop held at our studio-school in sunny Arenys de Munt, on an inspiring gathering with other like-minded sewists, and learning the whole process in maximum detail with Maria.
Weekly course/class schedule (in all languages):
If you’d like to be the first to know when our other courses open for enrollment (online, capsule or retreat), please follow us on Instagram @aguye.sewingschool and/or leave us your name and email address: